Open Position :
Position Title: Field Officers
Project: Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) project
Organization: ALERT INDIA.
Report to: District Lead
Terms of Employment: Regular and full time
Location: Surat, Gujarat
Duration: 1 year (Renewable, based on performance assessment)
Last Date of Application : 3MAY2022
About ALERT INDIA:
ALERT-INDIA, a non-profit organization is committed to improve the health and social status of people affected by leprosy and other communicable diseases with special focus on vulnerable groups such as tribal, women, children and disabled through people-centric disease control programs and community initiatives.
ALERT INDIA has been awarded a project for controlling the Latent TB Infections in four districts of Gujarat. India, with one-fourth of the global burden of TB, is estimated to have around 40% of the total population infected with TB. The lifetime risk of reactivation of the infection in healthy individual is 10%, with 5% developing TB disease during first 2 to 5 years after the infection. Treating 40% of the population after having determined the infection through appropriate tests and consultation is neither feasible nor rational or practical approach, thereby, emphasizing a need for a strategy to control the dormant infection and never let it grow into a full fledge TB disease.
In order to achieve the above, LTBI project has been introduced with funding from “Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria “(GFATM) having William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF) & Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) as the Principal Recipient (PR) and ALERT INDIA as the Sub Recipient (SR) for the grant.
In close coordination and consultation with the State TB Department & PR, ALERT INDIA is committed for the implementation of the LTBI project in four districts of Gujarat. In this regard, ALERT INDIA is planning to hire individuals in various capacities, at district and state level, to implement, monitor, supervise and manage project implementation in these selected districts. With this background, ALERT INDIA is inviting applications from the qualified individuals.
Applications are invited for the following post;
- Field Officer
Project JEET, SR
- Mapping the universe of private-sector doctors, chemists and AYUSH providers diagnosing and treating TB patients. Understanding their prescription potential and building the TB patient referral network for these doctors
- Engage and ensure high potential doctors, Pharmacist and AYUSH providers and their referral networks become part of the program
- Map and engage chemists and laboratories surrounding target doctors
- Promote the PMTPT [Programmatic management of Tuberculosis Preventive Therapy] program & STCI guidelines through regular in-clinic communication as per call plan
- Ensure quality execution in terms of detailing and conducting scientific activities to engage doctors
- Ensuring Doctors agreement for enrolment of Household contacts [HHC’s] of all notified patients on TB Preventive Therapy [TPT]
- Engaging & empanelling diagnostic centres/ radiography centres with the project for carrying out X-rays for the HHC
- Conduct regular Pharmacy prescription audit
- Invite and ensure availability of Private & public sector Doctors to the CME
- Engage Public sector Doctors on PMTPT as per the need of the program
- Data collection and reporting as required
- Maintains confidentiality of the tests and patient-related information
- Engaging in other Providers & patient-facing activities as per the requirement of the project
- Desired Skills and experience
- B. Sc. (Biochemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics) or B.Pharma or PG (Any Specialization).
- 2 – 5 years of experience in sales at a pharma/diagnostics/hospital